BGSA Scholarship Guidelines
The Billerica Girls Softball Association annually awards scholarships to a Billerica resident who is graduating from high school this year. The awarding of these scholarships is based on the criteria listed below.
I. Scholarship Criteria
II. Selection Process
* Applicants active involvement in BGSA.
* Community and/or public service.
* Intended career/area of study.
* Applicants high school academic record.
* Recommendation of coach and teacher.
* High School attended or athletic ablility
shall not be considered.
* The Scholarship Committee will select a
primary recipient and a first and second
III. Rules for Applying
* Application must be postmarked by the 1st Friday in April.
*Completed applications must include:
Two (2) letters of recommendation: one from a BGSA coach (not a relative) and the other from a teacher.
Copies of your high school transcript and activity sheet.
An essay describing both your experience in BGSA and the impact this experience has made in your life.
A signed and dated BGSA Scholarship application.
Please send your application with the above documents to:
BGSA Annual Scholarship Award
Scholarship Committee Chairperson
P.O Box 1001
Billerica, MA 01821
The award will be presented at the recipients High School Awards Night.
Scholarship money will be given to the recipient upon presentation of a paid second semester invoice from the institution of higher learning being attended.
In the event that the recipient does not comply with the terms and conditions of the scholarship the next alternate will receive the award.
Click here for application.